cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Material changes, how to

ptc-128832
1-Newbie

Material changes, how to

Hi all,

I'm using Creo 3.0 M010.

On my assembly, depending of certains conditions some parts must change propreties. (using relations and/or program). I've my own material data base.

How can I order a certain part that for a certain condition "1" the material will be "A" and if the condition will be "2" the material will be "B".

I don't know how to do this (nor within parameters nor with program). I just used to go to FILE > PREPARE > MODEL PROPERTIES > MATERIAL and there change my material.

Can anybody help me with this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Luis,

1. put all needed materials into your part (eg. BRONZE, BRASS)
  2. define parameter that you will use to switch materials (eg. A)
  3. setup relation (see below)

if a=="bronze"

PTC_MATERIAL_NAME="BRONZE"

else

PTC_MATERIAL_NAME="BRASS"

endif

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

Anyhow the material properties (mass & density) doesn't seems to be affected by the material change, even when the PTC_MATERIAL_NAME changes.

I'm even trying to find where I can change them on ProProgram but I can find where.

Tips will be wellcomed

Luis,

I am sending you my files.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags