cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Material exploration?

jflores-6
1-Newbie

Material exploration?

Hello everybody.

Someone can tell me, what is the best way to explore different kind of material for a current design?, with design and optimization or with a dynamic analysis.

Actually i am working with a plastic housing (ABS) and i want to explore with new materials a different kind of PP with same characteristics.

Appreciate your comments

Carlos

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Juan,

I've replied to your doppelganger's identical post.

Your previous post and user seem to have worked fine - why have you created a new login and posted the same question again?

Jonathan,

Thank you for comment in this post, basically the idea to change the material is try to find a material with same characteristics but focus in reducing the cost of the material, also I am changing some features in the current design.

The application of this part is for automotive industry, I use Mechanica as a tool to evaluate some alternatives in our design, however, since i never been work with plastic parts it is complicate for me to understand what is the best way to follow, I read some post here in PTC community to learn about it.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:jflores-6)

Are you asking people to suggest new materials for you? If so I think you are on your own as it is going to be very specific to what you are doing.

Once you have found a new material, you just have to update the materials properties from within Simulate.

If you are looking for material properties you could try MatWeb, but be advised that material properties are also going to be specific to what you are doing and the industry you are in. Properties change with temperature and there is a level of risk (S, A, B-basis) that plays into what numbers you use.

Hello

Here may be an idea to try different materials.

Kind regards.

Denis

Top Tags