cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

ModelCheck 101

JeffLippeth(Jsc
1-Newbie

ModelCheck 101

Model Check 101

I am new to Model Check and need some help with setting it up.

I would like to start with Part models first.

Check the Part for company standards: Parameters and Layers

Check Parameters, if they exist leave it along, if not create it and leave it blank

Parameter list: Description, Size, Hardness, Qty, Spare_Qty, Finish, Plating, Sht_No, Rev, Sort, Mfg, Prt_No, Detail_Num

Check Layers: Should exist and status OFF, if they are missing, create and place features on proper layer and turn off.

Layer List: prt_axis, prt_dtm, prt_cys, prt_points, cut_quilt

So far what I have will add the parameters but delete the information of already filled out parameters that match my list.

I’m ok with deleting parameters that don’t match our standards, but if a parameter exists with info I would like it left along.

Thanks

Jeff L.

Creo Elements Pro 5 M170

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Jeff,

First you need to know what the parts have for parameters and layers. Once you know this info you can identify what is missing, what needs to be renamed and what needs to be deleted.

in the %loadpoint%\modelcheck\config\start look for a .mcs file

use the following to rename parameters in parts and assemblies leaving the current value in the parameter unchanged. TITLE is to be renamed to TITLE1
PRT_PARAM_RENAME TITLE TITLE1

ASM_PARAM_RENAME TITLE TITLE1

Use the following to add a parameter and assign it a value
PRT_PARAMETER DRAWN_BY STR EQ D.ANDERSON

ASM_PARAMETER DRAWN_BY STR EQ D.ANDERSON

Use the following to assign a parameter the model name
PRT_ADD_CHK_PARAM VENDOR_NUMBER MODEL_NAME_STR

Same general concepts work for layers to

Hope this helps,

Don Anderson

Top Tags