cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Multiple flange

sloman
1-Newbie

Multiple flange

Is there a method to create multiple flanges on a plate? And I do not mean a chain. The edges are not attached to each other.

StefanMultiple_flange.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:sloman)

Hi Stefan,

Flange can be created using a single edge or chain of edges only. For different edges you need to create multiple flanges.

Regards,

Mahesh

Goor morning Mahesh,

I am aware of the single edge and the chain. I had hoped that there was a trick or setting to create flanges on different edges. When I want to change the length of the flange, the angle ore the relief etc. I must open al the flanges one at the time.

Thanks for the replay.

1. Stefan.

Hi Stefan,

you could create a datum plane and use this dimension in a relation for your flange lengths.

Reinhard

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:sloman)

Hi Stefan,

For flange creation, only available choice is to create multiple flanges, however your second target about controlling the angle can hit by relations. Using relations you can control the height of flanges as well.

1. Create two parameters F_height and F_angle

2. Create flange walls and using relations assign the value of angle and height from parameter.

Regards,

Mahesh

Top Tags