cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Need Assembling Help!!

kmccrudden
1-Newbie

Need Assembling Help!!

I am trying to build a robot for FTC and am having trouble constraining it. I am trying to attach two channels together at a specific point, but the the program is not allowing me to constrain to a certain spot.ROBOT QUESTION.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kmccrudden)

Not sure how you are trying to make this connection.  Looks like you have selected the top surface and are trying to select the hole.  When you select a flat surface and a non flat surface the constraint defaults to tangent.  You will need to manually change to another type of constraint after selecting a different surface to get what you want.

I would suggest starting over on the placement and use the circular surface of the holes to create a coincident constraint, select a second set of holes to create an align constraint, and select the flat surfaces to create a coincident constraint

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You might be better off placing a datum point for the location in each part and constraining those. From your picture and description though it not clear what you are expecting, I would expect a coincident constraint to be created, but sometimes depending on how the geometry is created a tangent constraint will be the only option.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kmccrudden)

Not sure how you are trying to make this connection.  Looks like you have selected the top surface and are trying to select the hole.  When you select a flat surface and a non flat surface the constraint defaults to tangent.  You will need to manually change to another type of constraint after selecting a different surface to get what you want.

I would suggest starting over on the placement and use the circular surface of the holes to create a coincident constraint, select a second set of holes to create an align constraint, and select the flat surfaces to create a coincident constraint

There is always more to learn in Creo.

‌Thanks. I have done that and another thing and fixed it. Thanks to all who answerd this question

Top Tags