cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

New projected drawing view WITHOUT all the annotations being displayed

Pkoren
7-Bedrock

New projected drawing view WITHOUT all the annotations being displayed

I cannot find the setting, I believe in the DTL to change the default behavior for new projected views.  What we want is for the view to come in WITHOUT any of the annotations displayed.  I have seen this behavior in the past (at different company/installations) but we see all the annotations that are in the acceptable orientation display and we are forced to do a bunch of cleanup work.  We would like to eliminate that.  

thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

please provide more details, i.e.:

• pictures of model and drawing
  • Creo files for testing purposes

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Pkoren)

config.pro option available on Release: Creo Parametric 7.0.4.0 and UP hopefully

auto_erase_set_datum_planes  YES

see 

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/whats_new_pma/drw-auto_erase_set_datum_planes.html#

Pkoren
7-Bedrock
(To:StephenW)

Thanks, tried that with the example above.  Doesn't change the behavior.  We are on CREO 8.0, so well past "set datums".

Pkoren
7-Bedrock

What we have is something like this, yes, this is a meaningless model generated just for show here:

Pkoren_0-1708617130999.png

The right side view is a NEW projected view from the left one all in a drawing...

What we is for that right view to come in WITHOUT any of the annotations shown.   (And yes, all those are annotations I created for this example...)

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I have not seen this behavior before.

Sounds like something that could be in the drawing details (dtl file).  Export a DTL file and share if possible or send your example.

A copy of your config.pro could also be helpful.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

@Pkoren wrote:

What we have is something like this, yes, this is a meaningless model generated just for show here:

Pkoren_0-1708617130999.png

The right side view is a NEW projected view from the left one all in a drawing...

What we is for that right view to come in WITHOUT any of the annotations shown.   (And yes, all those are annotations I created for this example...)

Hi,

please prepare Creo test data, pack them into zip file and upload this zip file.

Without Creo data, it's almost impossible to guess what's going on with you.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags