cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

New views won't show up when drawing is published in creo view

dcoauette
3-Visitor

New views won't show up when drawing is published in creo view

I am revising a drawing.  I've added a new view but when I check it back into Windchill and it publishes a creo view file of the drawing the new views do not show up?  I've tried using a full view instead of partial, I've tried unhiding all layers, I've tried putting a new view on a different sheet, i've tried using a different simp rep and I've even tried using the master representation to no avail.  I did add a totally different part to the drawing and created a view of that part and it publishes?  What in the world am I missing.  I've been working with Pro E / Creo for 22 years and never had this issue.  Can anyone please help?  Thanks Denny

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dcoauette)

Obviously not normal, of course you know that. 

When it publishes, does it leave everything where it was before, like it's looking at the old drawing instead of the newly checked in drawing or is it as if the new view is just invisible?

Did you try printing it to see if it prints? 

I really don't have any help other than rebooting, restarting everything, and try checking it back in again. 

It's as if the new views are invisible and everything else stays the same.  However, like I said if I add a totally different part to the drawing and place a view then that new view shows up just not the view I need for the model that the drawing is defining?  So it's looking at the latest drawing during publishing it just won't publish new views of the correct model.  I have rebooted multiple times and checked in and checked out multiple times since it publishes during our check in process.  I'm about 5 minutes from converting the views to sketch entities but I know there's some heartache that comes with that as well.  UGH!

I even tried this.  Added a new sheet(sheet 3), created a view of the master rep.  Checked in and it shows a blank sheet 3.

I tried this as well: I did a save as a creoview file and the view shows up.  It's got to be some kind of glitch in publishing during check in??

I could not find a reasonable solution to this issue in the timeframe I had for the drawing revision.  I ended up converting the view to 2d entities and then it would publish.  So at this point I have no further intel to share.  If someone was to have a solution it would be great if they would reply to this thread and enlighten us all.  Thank you everyone.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:dcoauette)

Reading this it seems like what you are seeing is that you are getting the right drawing file to publish but views are failing. You indicated that you added other content and that came across, just not that view. If the view was dependent on changes made in a model that did not get checked in, that could cause issues. We see this often when there are local modifications but they do not get checked in with the drawing.  I thought this might have been a copy forward issue where you were seeing the old representation just moved forward so it was not really publishing the new content. 

How you can verify what the publisher is seeing is to have another user or yourself in a brand new workspace, download the drawing "AS -STORED". Open the drawing up. This should be exactly what the publisher sees when it tries. If its different, it is likely a workspace issue else I would kick to tech support. You should have never had to resort to doing what you had to do with converting to entities. At some point, you will have to undo that.  BTW, you can test that with the iteration of the drawing that you were having an issue with. If you can repeat the issue, its a Creo issue and we should be searching for issues of views failing in Creo drawing knowledge base.

Top Tags