cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

OPEN PART FROM BILL OF MATERAIL TABLE

kbhavsar-3
4-Participant

OPEN PART FROM BILL OF MATERAIL TABLE

Is there any way to open a part from a bill of material table present in drawing???

everytime while updating a part drawing, we need to type a part name which is a drawing no. in my case. so iwant to open a part or its drawing from bill of material table present in drawing file.

5 REPLIES 5
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:kbhavsar-3)

Hello @kbhavsar-3

don´t know if it´s possible, but can provide you alternative solution.

It´s based on drawing format rearange. ADD DESIRED PARAMETER OUT OF DRAWING SHEET. Than you can edit parameter from drawing space (don´t have to open part - parameters).

See following picture:

BOM-extended.JPG

At the end you can edit desired parameter directly in drawing space and it will not be pritnted on drawing.

Regards

@mbonka

kbhavsar-3
4-Participant
(To:mbonka)

Hello @mbonka,

Thanks for the suggestion. but i donw want to change the parameter. i want to open a drw file to update dimensions, etc. so if i can add anything in one more column which will open my drawing of that part.

kbhavsar-3
4-Participant

If i will have 50 parts of assembly. i will have to open each part drawing file by typing its name. in place of that, i need something which is there in bom table of  assembly drw file. which will open up my drawing file of any part.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Sorry l miisunderstand your question...

Really sorry but don´t know answer to your question Smiley Sad

kbhavsar-3
4-Participant
(To:mbonka)

Its okay. no problem at all.

Top Tags