cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Opening objects from different workspaces

BrianStoddard
1-Newbie

Opening objects from different workspaces

Is it possible to open different objects that are in different workspaces?? I know I can open a part and it will automatically be added to my active workspace. However, with assemblies, that can get to be a lot of parts. I just want to open two assemblies so I can compare the two without having all the parts from both assemblies in the same workspace.

We just upgraded to Creo 1.0 so I'm still getting used to the working with Windchill and PDMLink. Previously, we were just using Wildfire 3.0 without any Intralink support.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Brian,

I do that from the left pane (where the model tree is located) but switch from Model Tree to Folder Browser. Expand the "Folder Tree" segment. From there, I see the server where PDMLink is located. I browse to the Workspaces folder. If you have more than one, you could expand that folder by clicking the '+'. You'll see list of your workspaces. Select the desired one (might be different from the active one). In the Conetent Viewer pane, you can see the contents of that inactive workspace. Find the object you wish to open and open it by clicking the "Open in Pro/ENGINEER" icon.

Top Tags