cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

PDF DXF DWG FONTS

pkane
1-Newbie

PDF DXF DWG FONTS

Hi, I wonder if anyone has come across this and knows of a solution or work around that can help. I have a pro/e drawing with the basic fonts from wildfire being used in the title block and a table. When the file is exported to PDF, DXF, DWG , the fonts are substituted in adobe, and dxf readers to an indescriminate font. Therefore there is no control over size or location of the text displayed in the export file. If I stroke all characters in the export dialogue box, then the file size of the each a4 drawing sheet becomes approx 10Mb, however the fonts are shown as per Pro/E drawing. The difficulty I have is that I have a drawing of 100 + sheets, and pro/e crashes with the stroke all fonts, as it appears to run out of memory. So the question basically is this How can I get a drawing out of Wildfire 4.0, as created, in any other format (PDF,DXF,DWG). I have tried also with windows ttf fonts and this makes no difference. I have raised the issue with PTC, and so far no solution. Does anyone else have this problem.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, I am having difficulty with adding new fonts to Pro-E 4.0. Any addition to the font folder prevents the ability to save a copy of a drawing. I copied the fonts from the Pro-E 3.0 folder, which worked fine, and placed them in the same folder in 4.0. This caused Pro-E to shut down when trying to export or save a copy. The True Type Fonts would remain the correct size when exporting or saving. Removal of the additional fonts allowed Pro-E 4.0 to operate as before. This is a problem that needs to be addressed.

I've come across with file oversizeing when saving drawing files when I use arial font from windows font folder (with pro_font_dir option), up to 10 times comparing to native pro/e's font (name font by the way) Anyway I export and save to pdf with arial font, and I've had some crashes in large files (20+ sheets or so) you see task manager xtop.exe going up and up consuming all memory available. But so far, arial font keeps both format and size. PTC must solve this glitch quickly

Thanks for letting me know your experiences, I have raised these issues with my maintenance company, who have ran into the same issues testing on WF4 M080 and the new M090 build. PTC have been told. Does anyone know if there was the same issue with WF3 or WF2 or even other builds of WF4. If anyone has other experiences with or without the issue please post your software and build, cos I dont know if all builds suffer from this issue. Thanks for your help in advance.

Interesting, we also have problems with dxf files but a bit different to your's ( sheetmetal flat patterns ) We have WF3, now upgraded from 2001 dxf output from drawings is use for NC programmers for punch presses. WF3 breaks all the outer profile at all the tangent lines, have spoke to local ProE people, and nobody seams to be able to shed any light on this. so we have to go into a 2d drafting pakage and join all the line before giving it to the NC guys Any idea Thanks Don
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-175241)

Hello, you told that fonts are substituted in adobe, did you try not to export as PDF but to use a "PDF printer" (like cutePDF writer)? Thus you'll normally have a PDF file that looks like your drawing.

As I'm aware of when you use a PDF printer, the pro/e printer managaer does not allow you to set up differente sheet sizes at the same time, so (in my case) we have 2 or 3 formats in a drawing file, and at the time you print they'll all come out at the only size you set in the manager, hence some sheets are out of format. Is there a way through this? please that is not splitting your drawing file. Thanks
Top Tags