cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

PDF from Pro/E drawing

BalachanderVenu
1-Newbie

PDF from Pro/E drawing

I am using WF 4.0 datecode m100 and Product: Windchill PDMLink 9.0 datecode: M040 . I wanted to create PDF from many drawings from the workspace, is there any method which can be used to run in the background to create the PDF's ( like 50 drawings for example). Need help. -Chander.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You can do this with Distributed Pro/Batch. You may need to install it. You can not do it with the old Pro/Batch, it has to be Distributed Pro/Batch. You do not need a special license for it as long as you run it in standalone mode. Link to info on PTC's website. http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/69133/en/dBatchWhitePaper.pdf I just did about 200 drawings this way. NICE Also one thing you might want to change is: In (pro/e install dir)\text\ttd this is where the options are defined. open up plot_drw_to_pdf.ttd in wordpad and change the line <layers enum="PRO_PDF_LAYERS_ALL"/> to <layers enum="PRO_PDF_LAYERS_NONE"/> or whatever setting you would normaly use. Also you will want to make it load all of your config.pro files in the order they are normaly loaded, along with making sure the config.pro files also turns off your datum planes and axis or they will show up in your pdf's. Do a search and you can find some info on it. Good luck, Wes

Thanks Wes. We are working on a floating licence. I will ask the admin guys to look into the distributed mode so that all the users can use the Pro/Batch services. Once again thanks for the help. -Chander

No problem. A floating license is fine, that is what most have, what I used. What I mean by standalone mode is that Distributed Pro/Batch is working in standalone mode. It is just working on your computer using its resources. Kind of working like the old pro/batch just with a lot more options. It did take me a while to get it installed and set up, but it worked great. You can have it write the pdf to the dir the drawings are in, or into any other that you set it as. Again I would test it on just a few to get your options set, then run them all. Mine ran the first 100 drawings in about 15-20 min. When it is running it is using one of you floating Pro/E license's so there has to be one free. Again, good luck. Wes
Top Tags