cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PDF problem:

DELETEME
1-Newbie

PDF problem:

Since the company I'm with now does not use separate part numbers for every different part, and a lot of times the description is the same (i.e. "TUBE"), many times everything with the description of "TUBE" comes in on the parts list in the same row with a quantity equal to everything with "TUBE" as a description. Needless to say, this causes a lot of problems with balloons etc. So, I added the parameter "&asm.mbr.name" to one of the cells to force a separate row for each unique filename, but made the text height .000001 so it wouldn't print. This works fine in printig from Pro/E directly, or making a PDF using the "TrueType" font option. But when we use the "Stroke All Fonts" option, the values for the parameter "&asm.mbr.name" show up as dots, which our checkers are demanding we remove. We can't simply use the "TrueType" font option as we want the font proportions we have on the format because the default .8 width text then bleeds over into other cells. I tried to put that one piece of text for the parameter in the repeat region on a layer to turn off at the dwg level, but Pro/E won't let me even pick the text string. So, does anyone know a setting for creating the PDF's that will ignore things under a certain threshold? Thanks.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

HERE IS A PROPOSED WORK AROUND. Position the asm.mbr column closest to the edge of your drawing. Insert an EMPTY column. Widen EMPTY column's width so that it pushes the asm.mbr column off page beyond the drawing format. TABLE>LINE DISPLAY>BLANK the cell lines so that they are not visible (Unfortunately, I was not able to blank the top nor bottom table lines. The asm.mbr cell is now beyond the print area and will not print or be visible in the pdf. Bonus: you can make the type size large enough to read now. Good luck!

Have you considered replacing &asm.mbr.name with &asm.mbr.comp.name as hardly any companies seem to take advantage of naming their component features.

"Chris Lewis" wrote:

Have you considered replacing &asm.mbr.name with &asm.mbr.comp.name as hardly any companies seem to take advantage of naming their component features.

Ok, problem solved. Originally I added 2 parameters to the table in 2 different cells, one to sort by (whether it was an assembly, a fabricated part, a purchased component, bulk item, fastener, etc.), and another (asm.mbr.name) to force the BOM to have a separate row for each unique part since we don't use that in our BOM (don't ask...). I added them to cells that already had similar parameters in them and to keep from printing just made the text height extremely small. But, while not visible in Pro/E the PDF's still printed a dot there. I originally added them to the cells in the repeat region because I thought that you needed them there for the sort and just to force the separate rows. I found by experimentation that this is not true. I added the "asm.mbr.name" parameter to the sort list at the bottom (the other was already in there at the top of the list), and deleted the parameters from the cells themselves. Now, since those parameters are no longer in the repeat region itself, they can't print, but the sorting and separate row functionality still exist. Now, if we can only get the flexible part problem solved....
Top Tags