cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PRO/E CRASH DOWN

ClaudioStammitt
1-Newbie

PRO/E CRASH DOWN

Hello there I've bee working in a new project for a year now, using skeleton model and pro/program input. So far the model was going great, a full customizable master assembly from where you can configure the exact model you need with few mouse click and stuff. Anyway some of the new parts I created to assembly in this model, have decided to no longer save any new relation. Thats right I can't make the part to save any new relation on its relation toolbox Now, these are simple, i mean very simple parts, a sheet metal with a single base wall and a chanfer, another is a single base wall with a apttern of holes. I have other more elaborate part too, that does not accept new relation This is a major braks down for me, my project is tottaly stopped, I've no way to make it work and therefore I can't make any further progress. Sadfully the project is close to complete but not anymore untill I figure out what's going on I've also try putting the relation in both pre and post regeration. They are simple relations like: LENGHT=d1 WIDTH=d2 What troubles me most is that I make a new part and it saves its relations. Or eventually I open the trouble parts individually and they have the relations, but once I update the assemly where they belong, those relations are erased. Yes I know it sound odd, but thats how it goes My station: HP XW6600 Dual Xeon 3.2 Ghz 16 GB RAM Windows XP 64-Bits WF 3.0 Urgent help is very appreciated
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello, I`d really like to hear some opinions about this. If any of you is so kind to respond about this procedure we are running into, we would be really appreciated. Honestly, some help is REALLY needed Thanks again

Claudio Without seeing the actual files, it is hard to give any solutions to your issue unless someone has the exact same setup on their models and had an issue. More details on your Pro/Program and relations would help. You might also verify that when you are looking at the relations in your assembly that you can select the part model from the relations menu and verify that your relations are still in the part models. My best advice for anyone in a production environment is to create models that are very robust and can be quickly sent to the shop floor if management needs the models in a hurry. Nothing makes management more frustrated than to have engineering unable to send out drawings based on some model issues in Pro-E. If you would like me to assist you more off-line, then please let me know. Otherwise I would recommend contacting PTC support on this issue. Eric
Top Tags