cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

PTC_CONSTRAINTS_SET in simplified rep

Thanus_MR
9-Granite

PTC_CONSTRAINTS_SET in simplified rep

I'm using Creo 4,0, i want to use multiple configurations in assembly using simplified rep, I have gone through some article, but after adding the sets of constraints, I'm unable to call it in simplified rep, while giving "user defined" option in simp rep mode, I'm getting the below error, please assist me. 

Thanus_MR_0-1679677640240.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Thanus_MR)

From your description, I think using flexibility may be what you want to use.  Simplified reps get unwieldy when using them in assemblies and sub-assemblies.  You can do a lot with flexibility, including suppressing and unsuppressing features and components, changing dimensions, and controlling constraint sets.  Below are my notes for varying constraint sets with flexibility.

USING CONSTRAINT SETS FOR ALTERNATE ASSEMBLY LOCATIONS 

• This method creates multiple positions for a part in an assembly, such as placing a bolt in different bolt holes or lining a part up to different bolt holes.  Dimensions can also be varied using flexibility along with this method, See the following link for detailed description. 
  • How-to-Make-Multiple-Assembly-Positions 
  • Create multiple constraint sets 

Constrain part in first desired position. 

• Disable Constraint Set 
  • Select New Set at bottom of Constraint list 
  • Repeat for all needed positions 
  • Rename constraint sets to something meaningful 
  • Activate desired default Constraint Set 

Refer to FLEXIBITY below to add pre-determined flexibility. 

• While adding predetermined flexibility select the Parameters tab then plus sign 
  • Change Filter By to “Current and all sub features” 
  • Select Component “xxxxx.asm” / PTC_CONSTRAINT_SET then insert selected and Close 
  • Select OK and close Model Properties 
  • When adding model to assembly, choose parameters tab in flexibility and enter desired Constraint Set name.

FLEXIBILITY 

• Predefine flexibility in a component or assembly go to File / Prepare / Model Properties. Select “change” for Flexible under Tools section. 

When part or assembly is assembled into an assembly you will be prompted to use predefined flexibility. 

• Select a feature or part to flex, select dimension to vary, and select OK. 
  • Repeat for additional feature or part flexibilities. 
  • Select OK. 

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Thanus_MR)

From your description, I think using flexibility may be what you want to use.  Simplified reps get unwieldy when using them in assemblies and sub-assemblies.  You can do a lot with flexibility, including suppressing and unsuppressing features and components, changing dimensions, and controlling constraint sets.  Below are my notes for varying constraint sets with flexibility.

USING CONSTRAINT SETS FOR ALTERNATE ASSEMBLY LOCATIONS 

• This method creates multiple positions for a part in an assembly, such as placing a bolt in different bolt holes or lining a part up to different bolt holes.  Dimensions can also be varied using flexibility along with this method, See the following link for detailed description. 
  • How-to-Make-Multiple-Assembly-Positions 
  • Create multiple constraint sets 

Constrain part in first desired position. 

• Disable Constraint Set 
  • Select New Set at bottom of Constraint list 
  • Repeat for all needed positions 
  • Rename constraint sets to something meaningful 
  • Activate desired default Constraint Set 

Refer to FLEXIBITY below to add pre-determined flexibility. 

• While adding predetermined flexibility select the Parameters tab then plus sign 
  • Change Filter By to “Current and all sub features” 
  • Select Component “xxxxx.asm” / PTC_CONSTRAINT_SET then insert selected and Close 
  • Select OK and close Model Properties 
  • When adding model to assembly, choose parameters tab in flexibility and enter desired Constraint Set name.

FLEXIBILITY 

• Predefine flexibility in a component or assembly go to File / Prepare / Model Properties. Select “change” for Flexible under Tools section. 

When part or assembly is assembled into an assembly you will be prompted to use predefined flexibility. 

• Select a feature or part to flex, select dimension to vary, and select OK. 
  • Repeat for additional feature or part flexibilities. 
  • Select OK. 

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kdirth)

Here is a simple example.

Thanks, kdirth, it works! Have a great day!

Top Tags