cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Paramètre export STL

ptc-5675800
1-Newbie

Paramètre export STL

Bonjour,

Je voudrais savoir à quoi correspondent les différents paramètres pour exporter un fichier STL et quel est leur impact sur le fichier en les modifiant.

- Hauteur de corde

- Contrôle d'angle

- Profondeur de passe

Merci pour votre aide

stl_param%C3%A8tre.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Although I cannot read French, I think this is what you are looking for. See attached.

STL output settings

Cord Height 0

Angle Control 1

Note: Cord Height will automatically change from 0 to the lowest acceptable value.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I am trying to understand better the output parameters to create a STL file, and what it will change if I modify them.

Do you recommend to always use Cord Heigth=0 and Angle control=1 ?

This will always give the most refined mesh and cleanest output for 3D printing, but also the largest file size.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5675800)

The lower the chord height, the finer the triangle will be, but also the larger the size of the output file.

It all depends on the level or precision that you are looking for in the .stl file.

If you hit the "Apply" button - the middle of the three at the bottom. You can see the difference in the triangles applied to the surface. Once you have a setting that looks good you can then hit "OK".

Thanks, Dale

(Sorry for the duplication. Sometimes I have the tab open and don't get to replying right away and then forget to update and see if anyone else already has.)

Thanks for your reply

Top Tags