cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Pattern Instance Dots Overlap/Unselectable

ndc
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Pattern Instance Dots Overlap/Unselectable

I'm creating a reference pattern of holes from a pattern of sketches. The reference pattern works fine. But when I go to exclude some instances of the pattern, the dots show up all right on top of each other and I can't distinguish between them or select any of them other than the first. They are all exactly in the same place, and no amount of zooming in shows any distance between them. Is there another way to exclude certain instances other than selecting the dots?

Creo Parametric 6.0.4.0

2 REPLIES 2
Tdaugherty
16-Pearl
(To:ndc)

What kind of geometry is in the sketch? I'm not sure why the sketch would be patterned.

Maybe try this method? This is what I teach:

Create a sketch with points (geometry points)

Create an axis and place it on one of the sketch points (typically the lowest numbered point)

Pattern the axis to your points (different option that ref pattern... scroll down the menu)

Place your first hole on the leading axis

Create a reference pattern of holes based on the axis pattern

Placing and patterning holes to axis features seems to behave a little better in Creo in my experience. 

Follow on:

I've seen the issue you're describing before. I also click on the dots to exclude features from patterns but I typically do it to the axis in axis pattern. It seems like some patterns don't like to behave occasionally and all the instances of the pattern end up overlapping in one spot. I can't think of a time where the process I previously laid out has led me to this issue. For me the axis pattern is the way to go.

Top Tags