cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Pen Table - for color PDFs

msteffke
13-Aquamarine

Pen Table - for color PDFs

I am not sure if what I am attempting is possible. We have some drawings that contain no model geometry. The entire drawing is done as a sketch with some notes (yes, painfull sketching). These are simple wiring schematics. The wires are colored. I’d like to print these as PDFs, where the text and format and anything white are all black, and the wires are the color that they are sketched as. Whats tricky is that I’m trying to to take one entity type (the sketch), and plot it multiple colors. Basically deciding the pen based on color, not entity type.

I toyed with this yesterday for several hours and I’m not having much luck. I have a table.pnt in my loadpoint\text and have been reading documentation and poking at the values. Nothing seems to really make a difference. I have looked at past PTCUser posts. I have turned on the 8 pen option.

I find the documentation confusing: It makes it sound like yoi can only have on color per entity type. But right now for some reason the green wires do print green so apparently you can have different colors per entity type.

color-Specifies color used for plotting; defines color using proportions of red, green, and blue on a scale 0 to 1. Works only on color plotters.

<color_name>-Corresponds to the default Creo Elements/Pro color that the system assigns to a particular entity type (to access the default system colors, click View ▶ Display Settings ▶ System Colors, and then, in the System Colors dialog box, click Scheme ▶ Default.

I’m hoping someone has a pentable file similar to what I’m attempting they could share or at least some good wisdom/advice.

Thanks,

Mark Steffke

Engineering System Administrator

The Delfield Company

Manitowoc Foodservice

T 989.775.9215 or 989.773.7981, ext 12484

Integrity, Commitment to Stakeholders, and Passion for Excellence

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:msteffke)

Mark,

Custom colors always print on pen 1. You can’t change this. If you have changed the colors of the sketch entities to use custom colors (the long list on the right), and you do NOT have a color defined for pen 1, then they will all print out in the colors you selected, regardless of the fact that they are sketches.

Tom U.
Top Tags