cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Pin Connection in ASM - parts interacting with each other

LeeCasey
1-Newbie

Pin Connection in ASM - parts interacting with each other

Hi,

From the attached picture you can see my assembly. I am "drag"ing from the yellow roller.

when I drag the first yellow roller, from the drag point upwards, I want the second yellow roller to fall (via gravity) but stop when it hits the green disc.

Is this possible without entering animation or mechanism?

Thanks

Lee

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

From what I see I would say no. The only way I see this being managed is by using mechanism connections & constraints.

Lee,

There probably is a way to do what you want, especially if the lower yellow roller is always in contact with the green disc. You can create an arc surface in the upper arm to constrain the lower roller using a point-on-surface constraint and do something similar with the disc. Don't have time at the moment to get into more detail, but I think you can do it.

David

Lee Casey wrote:

Is this possible without entering animation or mechanism?

It is not possible without Mechanism Dynamics (MDO license). While using MDO, you can define the direction of Gravity, whether along X, Y or Z direction. Any other definition would be YOUR perception of how the articles are going to behave which may not be correct.

Thanks for the tips guys. Figured it out in the end.

Created my pin connections, entered mechanism then specified a cam involving the back roller and the disc. Worked a treat!

Heres a little video showing the end result if anyone is interested

Lee, do you mind if I upload your video to the community video player? It could go under Modeling or Analysis and Simulation

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo-elements-pro/modeling?view=video

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo-elements-pro/analysis-and-simulation?view=video

Actually I don't want to take credit for your work. Would you rather upload it in case other members follow up with questions?

-Dan

Sure! No problem at all!

Top Tags