cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Pinning Pro-E / Creo to a second monitor?

ptc-4766330
1-Newbie

Pinning Pro-E / Creo to a second monitor?

Hi I want to know if this is possible. I have a workstation with 2 monitors. When I open creo it opens on the primary one. I can drag the windows to the second one but every time I open a new part it opens on the primary. Is there a way to pin the program to the second monitor? I have a scenario where I would like WF4 open on one monitor and creo on the other. Any bright ideas most appreciated! Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

That is handled by the video card. If you look at the upper right of the window you should see another icon next to the minimize, maxumize, close window icons. This has to be supported by the video card and enabled. I current on a single display workstation otherwise I would give you detailed instructions.

Don Anderson

Hmm I only see the regular icons (minimise, maximise, close). Does this mean my graphics card doesn't support it or do I need to enable an option?

You can try Display Fusion. There is a free version that sometimes works or there is a Pro version that has a lot of cool capabilities. It is not very expensive.

Brian Toussaint
CAD Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269

Brilliant, that looks like just what I am after. Thanks 🙂

Give AutoIT a try - it is great for writing programs that do just that.
It's pretty easy - if you are allowed to install software.

The base task is to identify a window, if it is a Creo window, move it
to the second monitor. Easy.

I use this all the time to move pop-under windows, and declutter the
primary monitor quite selectively.

If you can install AutoIT, send me the titles or a screen grab showing
the titlles and I'll write up the program to move the windows as a basis
for you to tweak it to what you want.

Dave S.

> *From:*r r [

Since Creo is not a Windows app software and only interacts with Window thru xtop.exe there is two ways to accomplish this. Windows software remembers which monitor the software was on when it is closed and will open it to the same monitor.

1. Open nView Desktop Manager, select Applications, Add, Browse, go to the following location below and select xtop.exe, Open, OK, select the Application the xtop application, Individual Settings and match the image below. Select OK and OK from the nView Desktop Manager to close the window.

Downside: Creo is centered in the 2nd monitor, but every new Creo window opens on 2nd monitor

C:\RTN\PTC\Creo 3.0\x64_creo3-m120\Creo 3.0\M120\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj

2nd.jpg

2. Open nView Desktop Manager, Hotkeys Manager, expand Windows and Applications, select Move window to next display, then Add, place cursor in Hot Keystroke(cannot type in field, only keyboard selection) sect Alt key and Z, leave box unchecked, select OK, OK. Open Creo and select Alt button and Z. This moves Creo to the 2nd monitor

Downside: Each new Creo window opens on primary monitor, must use Alt + Z to move to 2nd monitor

Top Tags