cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Point on Center of Any Surface?

dplachinski
6-Contributor

Point on Center of Any Surface?

Is there a way in Creo to place a point, axis, or coordinate system at the U/V midpoint of any single surface?

Creo can place a point "on center" of a circular surface, but I would like to do the same thing with a rectangular surface.

NX has this ability. You can place a point on the center of any surface by giving it a .5 x .5 ratio of it's U/V lines. Is there anything like that in Creo?

If not, is it worth writing a product idea? Would you guys vote on it?

Thanks,

Dan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With ISDX module you can. Without i think you can't.

Cattura.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I know of how you can by selecting an edge as an offset reference, but I would like the software to place the point on the center “X0” / “Y0” of the surface.

Do you know of a way I can do that? Please give me direction.

Thanks,

Dan

With ISDX module you can. Without i think you can't.

Cattura.PNG

I have created a new product idea.

Please go and vote on it if interested.

Point "On Center" Of A Surface

Thanks,

Dan

So, you need a ISDX license to preform this task, correct? There is no way to do it with out?

Thanks,

Dan

Top Tags