cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Porting Creo Options over to Creo+

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Porting Creo Options over to Creo+

Is there a way to port over Creo Options over to Creo+ Options for all the setting?

10 REPLIES 10
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Dale,

Try the PTC_CREO_ALT_SETTINGS_PATH in your Creo+ config.pro to point to your onsite Creo config.pro file (or a copy).

Article - CS384810 - Is it possible to read / load Creo Parametric configuration files (*.pro, *.sup & *.ui) from a location other than <creo_loadpoint>Common Files ext directory ? (ptc.com)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BenLoosli)

What if they are two physically different systems?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Copy the onsite config.pro/config.sup to your Creo+ computer in any folder, then use the setting for the alternate locations.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BenLoosli)

Friday I had copied the config.pro (we do not have a config.sup) to the other computer, but colors were not the same. I am guessing that mapkeys will need to be updated for Creo+ but I have been able to go through them all yet.

One mapkey was to change to a special color for a special print and then another to change back these didn't work, so I wasn't sure if I was missing something in the Creo+ Options versus Creo Options.

Hi,

just one note...

I guess Creo+ is now Creo 11.0.

In Creo 11.0 mapkeys are saved in separate file, not in config.pro.

See https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS416002

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Actually, Creo+ is the cloud based licensing version of the Creo.

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

Actually, Creo+ is the cloud based licensing version of the Creo.

I am sure Martin is fully aware of that. What Martin is referring to is the new Creo 11.0 mapkeys.pro functionality:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r11.0/usascii/whats_new_pma/core_seperate_mapkeys.html#

Mapkeys are no longer contained in the config.pro

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:RandyJones)

That's why my post below mentioned that "I will have to try that method when I get back to my other system".

Thanks!!

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

That's why my post below mentioned that "I will have to try that method when I get back to my other system".

Thanks!!

I should have read farther on down!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

I will have to try that method when I get back to my other system.

Top Tags