cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pre-highlight not working in Pro/E

GaryLindner
1-Newbie

Pre-highlight not working in Pro/E

I am attempting Modeling/Parametric Models/Understanding Relationships/Demo/Step 4. The tutorial says "Move the cursor over the raised protrusion on the right side of the part. It pre-highlights as show below." However, when I try it, it does not pre-highlight as shown. I can click and get a surface, but nothing pre-highlights and I can't seem to select the protrusion as shown.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
16 REPLIES 16

Go to Edit > Select > Preferences. Make sure that the Prehighlighting check box is checked or not. Ankur

Thanks for the response Ankur, but that setting is already set to Yes, both before and after I load Concepts.cpl. Anybody have any other ideas? Gary

Sorry, can't solve the pre-selection highlighting but here's a workaround. Press and hold rmb and choose "pick from list". You can also click on the rmb to choose other features.

Gary, There is a config option prehighlight that if set to YES is says that Selectable items beneath the pointer are highlighted prior to being selected Dennis

Dennis, Thanks for your response. I had identified that option by search help an forums, but it does not appear to be available. I choose the Session configuration so I cn edit it, uncheck the box to show all options, and only the prehighlight_tree option is shown. Setting it to yes does not fix the proble. Gary

Gary, We have the PREHIGHLIGHT option set in out config.pro file. It is set as the following: prehighlight all Dennis

I have managed to set prehighlight to both YES and ALL, but I still don't see the highlights. When prehighlight_tree is set to yes, an underline jumps around the parts list as I move my mouse over the object, but I still don't see any highlights.

I also face this problem sometimes. What I do in such situation is right click on the part name (or assembly / drawing) in model tree (top of model tree) and click regenerate. Thanks Ankur

Ankur, Thanks for the idea. I just tried it and it didn't work. Still no prehighlights. Gary

It may not pre-highlight, but if u click on the feature in the working area, then does it select the feature or not? If not, then better u uncheck the Preselect Fighlighting (Edit > Select > Preferences). Then ur cursor will atleast select the atems on clicking on the screen Ankur

Ankur, Yes, I can select items even though they are not highlighted, but it is difficult to select the desired element without prehighlighting. Gary

Are the features highlighted if you use "pick from list"?

Yes, but not prehighlighted when the mouse passes over the.

"Gary Lindner" wrote:

Dennis, Thanks for your response. I had identified that option by search help an forums, but it does not appear to be available. I choose the Session configuration so I cn edit it, uncheck the box to show all options, and only the prehighlight_tree option is shown. Setting it to yes does not fix the proble. Gary

Hi Gary,

did you ever get your prehighlighting fixed? If not, try the option "graphics win32_gdi" and then restart Pro/E. One prehilight problem I've seen is due to the video card/drivers.

Josh, Thanks for checking back. I determined the problem was associated with the video driver for my Toshiba Tablet computer. I guess the pen or touch interface was incompatible with something. I no longer use that machine for my PTC work. I use a desktop which does not have the same problem.

Gary

Top Tags