cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Pro/Detail question:

DELETEME
1-Newbie

Pro/Detail question:

The standard note nomenclature for a detailed view is "DETAIL". I would like all my "details" to be "VIEWS", because that's what our drafting standard says we should do. Now, this means I have to manually change the word twice for every view, once on the leader to the circle, and again on the note for the view itself. I was unable to find a config.pro option that would allow me to change what it actually says, and I was also unable to get the .dtl file option "detail_circle_note_text" to have any effect. I thought changing that setting from "DEFAULT" to "VIEW" would do the trick, but no. Any ideas? Thanks.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Well, "detail_circle_note_text" does work, but only takes effect on new detail views created after the setting change. Also, it does not change the note under the view, so it still says "DETAIL X" no matter what you do. In addition, since the .dtl file (Drawing Otions) is unique to every dwg, you have to change that setting on all old dwgs, which, again will only affect the new views. It's still a manual change. Best thing is to change that setting in the .dtl file that gets loaded, and it'll affect the new dwgs. If I figure out how to fix the actual view note, I'll post.

I've just been editing Detail to say VIEW, so I can't help much. I have a question about the same area. I want my Details to have a label that's VIEW A, but I want the A to be larger and a different font. I would have sworn I used to fix this in text edit under properties, but I can't seem to get a piece of text that carries two separate format values any longer. I've just been editing there as well, which isn't the right way. Sorry I'm not much help.

"Gregory Woughter" wrote:

I've just been editing Detail to say VIEW, so I can't help much. I have a question about the same area. I want my Details to have a label that's VIEW A, but I want the A to be larger and a different font. I would have sworn I used to fix this in text edit under properties, but I can't seem to get a piece of text that carries two separate format values any longer. I've just been editing there as well, which isn't the right way. Sorry I'm not much help.

Gregory, single click on the text "VIEW A", then single click on the text "A", right click and go to properties. Here u can change the font size. Ankur

Atleast for now I don't think you will find a setting that will change DETAIL to VIEW. Although it doesn't say a detail view has to be identified DETAIL 'X' the accepted practiced with the standards that are listed is DETAIL is used with detail views and VIEW is used with projection views.
DELETEME
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

"Kevin Demarco" wrote:

Atleast for now I don't think you will find a setting that will change DETAIL to VIEW. Although it doesn't say a detail view has to be identified DETAIL 'X' the accepted practiced with the standards that are listed is DETAIL is used with detail views and VIEW is used with projection views.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:DELETEME)

"Kevin Demarco" wrote:

Top Tags