cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Pro|E Wildfire 5.0 and Creo 2.0 Installations

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Pro|E Wildfire 5.0 and Creo 2.0 Installations

Hey All,

I will be taking delivery of a new Dell Precision M7710 Workstation today.  I have to log onto my account on www.ptc.com and obtain my new license file.

After I obtain the new license file, how do I install Wildfire 5.0 and Creo 2.0.  I no longer have maintenance and I have had issues every time I have ever tried to install Pro|E.  Can anybody point me to a comprehensive installation guide online?  The only components that I need are my Foundation XE package with the Mechanism Design Extension as well as Mechanica Lite.  I don't use Windchill, etc.

If anybody out there can assist me either in person or remotely, then this is also an option and I would be happy to discuss cost offline.  I asked PTC if I could pay them for a consultation.  They said that they will ONLY help me if I restart my maintenance.

My license is a Floating License (I scrolled down the license file and this is what it says).  It is permanent license (Expiration Date: permanent):

#################### FLOATING License ####################

# Serviceable = Pro/ENGINEER Foundation XE (formerly Foundation Advantage Package)

# Feature Name = PROE_FoundationAdvM

# Feature Version = 31.0

# Number of Copies = 1

# Expiration Date = permanent

I have Google searched for an installation guide and all that have found are installation guides for the cracks and hacks.

TIA and Happy Holidays,

--Neal Rosenblum 954-649-9399

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

according to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS154266 Feature Version = 31.0 enables you to run ProE WF5, not Creo 2.0.

Creo 2.0 needs Feature Version = 33.0.

MH

Martin Hanák

Try following links

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/123932/en/WF5_M080_install.pdf

Creo 3.0 Install

Creo 2.0 installation is similar to Creo 3.0.

Suggestion:

1. install FLEXnet + Creo 2.0
  2. install ProE WF5

MH

Martin Hanák

Dear Martin,

At the time I ended maintenance, Creo 2.0 was already out and I just had not installed it yet.  So I made the cutoff for licensing.

Thank you,

--Neal

Hi,

ask PTC to send you Customer Detailed Report - it contains list of your licenses including their maintenance end date. I hope PTC will send you Creo 2.0 license, if CDR tells you that you have rights to get it.

MH

Martin Hanák

Dear Martin,

Also thank you for the PDF link for WF50.

--Neal

Top Tags