cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Pro/e Wildfire 5.0 with EFX 6.0

RonShowalter
1-Newbie

Pro/e Wildfire 5.0 with EFX 6.0

We just installed pro/e 5.0 with EFX 6.0 package (new users to pro/e, so I'm not the most efficient user). The problem: I can save component views in EFX but can't create the detail drawings out of the assembly mode (menus are grayed out). I was under the assumption that EFX will create details from the assembly.. (am i right or wrong?) Pro-e will try to create the drawing if I open each individual part but EFX names the views xy, xz, & yz and the templates are set up for top, front and right side. Can someone please give some guidance on how to setup EFX so dwgs are automaticlly generated out of EFX assembly mode? Thanks in advance!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:RonShowalter)

I was not aware that EFX could create drawings of anything other than components. We have always used Pro-E drawings with our company template and created the drawings of assemblies from scratch. I've also found that with EFX it is (for us) preferable to use "placed" dimensions rather than "shown" dimensions. The model dimensions do not always give us what we need for our welders.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

I'm making the component drawings by using the drawing tools flyout tab then clicking save all component drawings..however this is where i'm totally confused as there is a section under the drawing tools flyout which says create component views, which is grayed out. Does this selection do anything? If i open each indiviual part after creating the component drawing the views go from being named top, right, bottom to xy, xz, and zy and then the errors begin because the dwg templates do not recognize these views. A little more help please.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:RonShowalter)

I'm afraid I can't be much help then. We do not do component drawings for EFX. We only do assembly level drawings, and those we do more or less manually in Pro-E.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Hello Ron, EFx function to create compnent views can be used in drawing mode only. It is intended to create views of components on a drawing of an assembly, i.e. you have a drawing of a welded frame and want to place views of individual beams or plates on the drawing too. EFX function to save component drawings works as follows. If you assemble component woth EFX and in EFX library a drawing for component is available, then EFX will copy and rename the drawing and keep it in memory. EFX function to save component drawings will save the drawings from memory to workdir for all componetns which belong to current assembly, so this function is available in Pro/E assmebly mode. You can set EFx so it will save them immediatelly, so you need not this command. Stefan
Top Tags