cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Problem with Model Colors in Creo View

amacierzynski
7-Bedrock

Problem with Model Colors in Creo View

Hello everyone!

I am struggling with weird problem. I will try to describe my way of creating models from the beginning:

First of all I need to mention that i am using 3D models with extension(.3DS), which are not acceptable by PTC Creo Parametric. I was able to convert it toAutocad file (.DXF).

In this moment I've got first problem:

01.PNG

While I am importing my DXF file as a new part (PRT) it is look like this. Facets are duplicated and moved by some value. If I am importing the same DXF file as ASM i am able to delete these unnecessary facets and everything is ok, but i still need this element as a part (PRT). So what I am doing here? I am exporting new ASM (without duplicated facets) as a new DXF, and then i am importing this DXF as PRT. Everything seems to look ok in this moment. I have a PRT file!

Then I need to get a PVZ file from it. I am saving PRT, which i get to PVZ. No problem here, but while i open a pvz it looks like this (Image 02):

02.PNG

03.PNG

So as You can see something is wrong. My colors disappeared.

To sum up:

If I am doing something like this:

• 3DS -> DXF -> ASM -> PVZ = Colors are OK(IMAGE 03), PRT is NOT OK (IMAGE 01)
  • 3DS -> DXF -> ASM -> DXF -> PRT -> PVZ = Colors are NOT OK, PRT is OK (IMAGE 02)

What i want to achieve is to get correct PRT file and correct PVZ.

Has someone similar problem?

Thank you all!

Adam Macierzynski

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags