cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problems with different versions of Creo and transfering of files.

tgrahn
1-Newbie

Problems with different versions of Creo and transfering of files.

I´m having problems in Creo with transferring files. At my university i got the academic version at at home the student one. Both the 3.0 version. At school i did and assembly of 5 parts and then i put the assembly and the parts on a USB to check it out at home. But when i try it at home it says that its missing parts/couldn't retrieve them. Anyone knows how to solve this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

in Creo 2.0, files created in Academic and Student version are compatible. User is able to open "Academic" file in "Student" session and vice versa.

In Creo 3.0 I did not test this scenario, so I am not sure if it works or not. Please try to create-trasfer-open single part and let us know, what is going on.

MH

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tgrahn)

Does any part of the transfer open? If one part does open then you missed some related part in your transfer. Use File-Backup to put the assembly onto your USB from within Creo.

Top Tags