cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Re-associate model and drawing

ptc-4370887
1-Newbie

Re-associate model and drawing

Hi,

Is there a way to re-associate a model to its' drawing if the association got broken?

Thanks,

Wayne

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forum, Wayne.

I guess the question is to what extent you need re-associativity.

If you only need the views, it may be possible to fool the system by having a model with the same name and orientation references. If you want all your model and/or drawing dimensions back, you will need to find a backup model or some model that just happens to have a majority of the references saved. No matter what, Creo manages a lot of associativity to the model and it isn't easily fooled into submission.

Well, here's the part I didn't tell you. We're now using PTC CE/DM version 19.0 and now have the ability to load SolidWorks models in their native format. So I loaded the model in CE/DM then saved the .slddrw drawing as a .dxf and loaded that in Annotation. I then saved the model & the drawing as a .bdl. I started a new session, loaded the bundle, punched a hole in the model, updated the view and no hole shows up so I have no associativity. Any ideas?

Yea, that's kinda important information

Most of us are working in Creo parametric so techniques in using the new capabilities from other platforms is something that you might need to ask PTC support directly if you have maintenance.

Although models seem to be a huge priority for transportability... collaboration efforts between platforms, I saw very little of that with regard to drawings. Having tried working with CoCreate .mi files, and I can tell you they don't transfer very well at all.

Top Tags