cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Reading Drawings created in Wildfire in Creo

ptc-137799
1-Newbie

Reading Drawings created in Wildfire in Creo

I created an assembly in Wildfire several years ago. I attempting to open the assembly and associated drawings in Creo 2.0, the assembly and models are OK but I cannot open the drawings. I can see the drawings in Creo Viewer but when I try to open them, the program crashes with no messages.

Please advise if there is a mthod I can use to find the error that is causing the crash.

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

File this as a support case and submit the models to PTC.

This has happened to me where a drawing became corrupt and would not open no matter what and crashed Creo every time.

This can certainly be a version issue where a problem needs to be resolved int he original version before it will open in Creo.

PTC has much better tools to handle this type of issue.

You can mark the support case with high urgency as this is interupting your workflow.

They will get back to you in short order, and if not, you can escalate the case on the support site.

Good luck.

Pro/E and Creo save a new file every time with a different extension (.1,.2....50,etc.) If the last drawing is corruupt you may still be able to get the previous saved version to open. This assumes you are not using Windchill and did not purge the older files.

Progress messages will be in the trail file. The trail file will be in the start directory. If Pro/E -Creo Parametric - whatever - crashes, this file will end with whatever was happening at the time. It may not help much to fix the problem, but at least you can see how far the process got.

Doug,

if you have problems with OLD files in Creo 2.0, then install OLD Wildfire and check whether you can still open OLD files in OLD Wildfire.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags