cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Recursive References Unusably Slow

PL_9897246
4-Participant

Recursive References Unusably Slow

The enhancement to Creo 8: Recursive References, is unstable on parts with large numbers of features (1000+). A video showing recursive references: https://youtu.be/WiXGPC6WfsU?t=53  By clicking "edit references" on a feature, Creo will auto-populate the next dialog box for a list of recursive references.  If your part happened to have a lot of features this can take an extremely long time, about 20min for a 1200 feature part.  Thus without using the recursive references, it has basically disabled the use of edit references.  This is a bug; the list should only be populated when the recursive references button is pressed. 

I have done some testing with this; if the feature you are editing references does not reference a quilt, there is no delay since the recursive references only slows down when there is a reference to a quilt.   Does anyone know a workaround that would still let me use edit references?

Sidenote: I have a Tenth gen Intel Xeon 8core processor and 64gb of ram so I doubt the slowdown is related to that.

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

did you report the problem to PTC Support?

Martin Hanák
Top Tags