cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Reference Pattern - Dots not showing

HBreton
6-Contributor

Reference Pattern - Dots not showing

Hi All,

I'm creating a reference pattern of screws in a bolt circle.  I need to skip two holes where I need longer screws.  

The dots that allow unselecting instances don't show up when I'm in the pattern creation.

This only happens on certain components of the assembly. I thought it may have to do with the fact the driving pattern is an assembly feature (in a sub assembly), but it works for other sub assemblies with hole patterns.

Any ideas?  It's only 8 holes so I can insert them manually for now but it would be nice to figure this out.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:HBreton)

It should just work. I assume its and axis pattern or dimensional pattern using an angle.

Maybe check and make sure the hole is not missing references and make sure the assembly constraint is fully constrained on the hardware.

On occasion, I have bolt hole patterns that fail the hole feature upon creation of the pattern and I just need to redefine the hole feature and it magically solves the problem without any actual changes, basically a glitch that happens a little more often than glitches should happen.

You could try deleting and re-creating the fastener pattern, then if that doesn't work, try the hole pattern and then if that doesnt work, hole feature and patterns.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:HBreton)

I have had issues in the past (many years ago) with reference patterns when the original feature was not used to define the feature being patterned by reference.

I don't know what version of Creo you are using or what version was used to create the components.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
HBreton
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

Yes, that used to be an issue in wildfire.  It was the first thing I looked at but no luck.

I'm using CREO 10.

This is a long shot (since you say that you do see the preview dots sometime), but thought I'd mention this anyway.

On my config.pro, I've disabled the "geometry preview": 

pausob_3-1688045661797.png

So I don't see the dots until I enable it during the pattern definition:

pausob_1-1688045549338.png

Top Tags