cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Regen Models on Drawings

JamieHarless
1-Newbie

Regen Models on Drawings

Does anyone know if it is possible to regen all the models shown a drawing. We are having to set each model active then regen, some of our drawings have 50 to 100 models and this is very time consuming. I would like to know if any one has come up w/ a way to hit one button and regen all the models one after the other - Thanks in advance. Jamie
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Jamie, I think prior to WF2.0, the drawing would regenerate ALL the models on it. Since WF2.0, I have not found a way to get all the models to regenerate at the same time. I have been having to set the current model, then regenerate each one. It would be nice if it was a config option you could set to do ALL or CURRENT. Dennis

Jamie, If the models are part of an assembly, then select Properties, Drawing Models, and Set Model. Once you set the model to the assembly, you should have the option to regen automatic, which will regen them all. Hope this helps, Tim

Jamie, If the models are part of an assembly, then select Properties, Drawing Models, and Set Model. Once you set the model to the assembly, you should have the option to regen automatic, which will regen them all. Hope this helps, Tim

The models we are having the most problems with are sheet metal flat states. They are part of an assembly most of the time - but they dont change on the drawing when I regen the assy. I have to set each one current then regen. This is really a pain and takes up way to much time. Thanks, Jamie

I have noticed the same issue with flats and this is my work around. Set the top-level assembly as active model and regen. Save and Close the drawing, Erase Not Displayed, then re-open the drawing. All the flat states should regen to the updated values from the assembly. Rodney

These particular drawings are of flat states from various different assy's. Because the assy's are so large we dont add them to the drawing only the flat states are used. I hve noticed that when you make a change in the assy and it changes the geometry if the flate state is in session it doesn't update automatically, does anyone know why?
Top Tags