cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Repeat Region Relations

ptc-859099
1-Newbie

Repeat Region Relations

I am having a problem getting 2 relations to work on my BOM. Our part numbers are in a column called asm.mbr.name I then go in and add a parameter by right clicking the bottom cell in this column going to report parameter>rpt>rel>user defined this parameter is partnum My goal is that I need some of the part numbers to be shown as "------" so that a blank spot is left in the BOM, others I have different configurations of the same part, like I have 123_a, 123_b, 123_c and I need to get rid of the _a, _b, _c. I have 2 relations that work fine when only one of them are used but when I attempt to use both of them only the one that is list last will work. My relations are as follows IF asm_mbr_name != "NULL" pointer = search(asm_mbr_name,"_") IF pointer == 0 partnum = asm_mbr_name ELSE index = pointer - 1.0 partnum = extract(asm_mbr_name, 1.0, index) ENDIF ENDIF IF asm_mbr_name != "NULL" pointer = search(asm_mbr_name,"_") IF pointer == 0 partnum = asm_mbr_name ELSE index = pointer - 1.0 partnum = "--------" ENDIF ENDIF I have went in on the 2nd line of each and changed the "_" to the actual part number but that doesnt work either. Any one have any ideas?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Issue has been resolved. The relation I posted was originally written back in 2001, it seems as if it had too many variables. Simplified the one that changed the part numbers to ----- and it works fine now.
Top Tags