cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Repeat regions

CM10
1-Newbie

Repeat regions

I have a series of points I'd like to put the X, Y, and Z dimensions of in a table. Can a repeat region be used to automatically put these dimensions into a table without having to hand-enter every number? I just started working on it and post if I find a solution.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Frank,

Not sure if this will work in your situtation.

Sometimes I need to give our tube bending dept the XYZ point values of a tube.

When I am in Drawing mode I click on the tools tab.

In that drop down is hole table.

I then click create.

Then select datum points from that menu.

You are then asked to select a coord sys

Then you select a location for the table

Then done.

Hope this helps.

Brian

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:CM10)

Try creating a hole chart (works for points as well).

In Pro/E goto Help > Help Center > Detailed Drawings > Detailed Drawings

Then search for Custom Hole Chart

Select "To Create a Custom Hole Chart"

Follow directions.

Thanks Domingo. Didn't quite work. It wouldn't let me pick the CS I needed (big problem), the point data was non-parametric, it plotted out ALL the points (not just the pattern I wanted), and it came out in a format that I couldn't use. I've just put the parametric dim in manually (i.e. &d123). Tedious, but it works as i wanted.

Thanks!

Top Tags