cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Replacing file reference of External Merge

ThomasPhore
3-Visitor

Replacing file reference of External Merge

The part I am working on has several parts merged into it. I would like to replace the merged in parts with different parts. However, there doesn't seem to be an explicit Replace functionality as with assemblies.

Can anyone tell me how to change the base part that is being merged in? Is there a way other than renaming the new part so it has the same name as the part that was merged in before? I don't like doing things like that but I can't seem to find any other way.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You can replace the model (Creo 1.0) with a family table member

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:ThomasPhore)

I would like to be able to do what Tom is wanting to do.

I can't really relate this by a Family Table (suggested above) as the differences are quite substantial.

From what I'm reading online you actually have to delete the merged reference and insert a completely new model.

On simple parts this might work through the Suspend option but it would be much easier if the new model would remember the majority of the model that it replaces.

You actually seem to get the option of routing in a new part as Edit Definition and right clicking the model that needs replaced comes up with a "replace" option. This doesn't appear to work; I've exhausted my "replace" efforts.

Does anyone know if this works? If so what's the secret combination to achieve this?

Top Tags