cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Revision Control - Latest working / latest released / exact

AnthonyC
7-Bedrock

Revision Control - Latest working / latest released / exact

hey everyone,

i am having issues that i hope someone can help with. 

when checking an older iteration or revision of an assembly, the items underneath have updated to the latest version, despite the copy not having revision n+1 at the time or a completely different part. 

i understand this might be because i didn't have the workspace cleared but in essence, how would i open/ check an older iteration without needing to clear the workspace/ new workspace each time?

is there also no way to force an exact revision for everything in the structure tree?

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:AnthonyC)

You have to add the assembly and all it's components in an "as stored" or "baseline" configuration. It's possible, but not easily within a existing workspace with parts/assemblies already present. Its relatively easy to update an out-of-date item in your workspace but is it usually more time consuming to make existing parts "out of date". Almost always faster to just make a new workspace, add the assembly "as stored" with components.

Top Tags