cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

SWEEP???

pfadams
1-Newbie

SWEEP???

We would like to do a sweep on a cylinder. We haven't done one in a long
time. Could someone help get us pointed in the right direction

Paul

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Paul

I think you want a helical sweep, i.e. looks like a coil spring.

Eric Mills

Design and Project manager

http://www.rapidoconsulting.com

eric.mills@rapidoconsulting.com

I have a user that wants to have a variable section sweep that creates a "cup" geometry to mimic what is seen on LEDs. However in Creo I can't get the section to be perpendicular to the axis and trajectory. See below. I want a cup like what is shown in the blue lines, but all I can seem to get is interference in the corners as shown with the red lines. He can do a rotated cup, but that wont include the corners of the square in the "cup". Any ideas for us?

[cid:image001.png@01CEC441.F40EC4D0]

Andy Hermanson
Engineering Design Applications

tel 605.275.1040 x51114 mobile 605.951.0168
website www.daktronics.com
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:pfadams)

Your blue lines are not normal to the trajectory, assuming that the outside edge is the trajectory. You need a sketched circle on the top face with its center on the axis as the normal trajectory. No need to tie the sketch to it, it simply drives the normal.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

You will need to use a variable section sweep. And make a circular arc/circle as trajectory to sweep around. I have attached a part from Creo 2, which uses a circle and completes it in one feature. Also there is a WF4 part that does just one quarter then is mirrored twice to complete.

[cid:image003.png@01CEC4D8.7C5E7BF0]

Ron

Just wanted to share a different technique for creating this feature. I created a short video on my YouTube channel "CreoJunkie" for you to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upBZkdF9n3w&feature=c4-overview&list=UU89vS9l-hjWue8YteZ56esA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Damian thanks a lot for the video.

Andy Hermanson
Engineering Design Applications

tel 605.275.1040 x51114 mobile 605.951.0168
website www.daktronics.com
Top Tags