cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Selection filter bug - Drawing Annotation

KO_10716072
3-Visitor

Selection filter bug - Drawing Annotation

When I'm in drawing mode, I select the annotation tab to make creo change the selection filter to "Annotation" and allow me to select datums etc. 

However if I want to then move a view, and I swap back to the "Layout" tab, the selection filter stays on Annotation rather than switching back to "General", the result being every time I select an annotation, I end up having to manually change the selection filter back again. 

Am I missing something? Surely this can't be the intended behaviour? 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:KO_10716072)

You can select annotations in the layout tab so I am not sure why you are surprised.

I would suggest you think about using a mapkey to change the filter.

I can't though - 
Say I'm in Layout because I'm nudging detail views, notes etc around the place...I have to switch to annotation to move a datum tag, so I hit the tab and the selection filter changes, I eventually get the datum moved and the leaders to line up with the tag again after they jump to god knows where, 

Then I switch back to the layout tab and I can no longer click anything, I have to manually change the selection filter back to "General" every time. 

This behaviour doesn't occur if I open a drawing in a clean session and just start working, it only happens once I've selected something manually from the selection filter - its as if once I've made a selection at any stage during that session, the filter auto-changes to "annotate" but never auto changes back to "General" 
If I don't make a manual selection in that session, the filter auto-changes back and forth as you'd expect 

Top Tags