cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Sheet & Date parameter

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Sheet & Date parameter

Does anyone know why the ¤t_sheet parameter changes to &sheet_number?
I enter that current sheet into my drawing, a few minutes later when changing the properties / font size; I notice that it's switched.
Not a big deal - just wondering WHY ! Pro/E - 5.0 feels that it's necessary to do that?
Similar issue with the &todays_date parameter.
I notice that when I enter &todays_date into my drawing, it puts in the correct date in the first time, but then it's converted into a Dumb text string...one that doesn't update. If I open this file on Monday the note will still read 05 Feb 2011 - as if I just typed that into the note rather than the date parameter.
Does anyone know what parameter I can use for today's date that will actually update each time the file is opened?

Thanks -
Also P.S.
- I really like the fact that we can now name our sheet tabs = &sheet_name
I don't know if that's new or not, I just found out about it recently.
But thanks PTC !! - that really helps for multi sheet drawings.

Tracy Willis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Tracy,

Not sure about the sheet number issue but that is the correct function for
the &todays_date parameter. It will only evaluate one time and the value
will be text. It will not update again. This would typically be used when
a new drawing is created to document the date it was created. You would not
want such a value on a title block to update each time the drawing is
touched.

Mike Phillips

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member
(To:TracyWillis)

Thank you Mike,
My mistake - I didn't realize &todays_date functioned like that. I suppose I just assumed.
I wasn't planning to put that in the Title Block, we already have that one set in stone.
Did fine the one that will update if anyone is interested, its... &PTC_WM_MODIFIED_ON

Thanks -
T Willis

If you place the parameter &todays_date in a symbol it will remain as
the parameter and not simply convert to an actual date. I will still
function the same way though. When I need to update the date, like when
I create a new drawing that is a copy of an old one, I only then have to
click edit, then hit return for it to update to todays date.

Top Tags