cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Sheet Metal Export

dave.farley
1-Newbie

Sheet Metal Export

Wildfirecan only export a few typesfrom the part modeling environment. None of them are 2D files (DXF). The CAM software that is used to create a sheet metal part imports 2D files (usually DXF).There are other3D sheet metal modeling software packages that can create a flat file directly from teh part model. Itlooks like the Wildfire software can createthe 3D model and place it in a drawing so that it can be dimensioned, but cannot output a file thatcan be imported to have the part manufactured in the shop.

Does anyoneelse have this issue when it comes to getting a file that a shop can use?

I have found that a procedure is required in place of the simple "create a flat file" command that I have been using for years is required using Wildfire.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

We use a program by Jerand Technical Services, Opti*Proto export IGES files of out sheetmetal flats which in turn are read by the nesting software on our laser, Optimation.

Pro-E can export as an Iges, but that may give a 3d iges, which the Opti*Pro file is not.

My company publishes drawings into a pdf and dxf format. The pdf files are used on our internal web based drawingarchive for ease of use by all users. The dxf files are used on our CNCs. From what I understand, it is a simple copy-paste process which then requires editing to ensure proper tool path. I imagine this is what many people do.

Top Tags