cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Sheetmetal Quality Check

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Sheetmetal Quality Check

Hello,

I am new to sheet metal. Could any one please let me know generalized check points on need to take care?

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Not sure what you are asking.

I am looking for some sort of list which one can refer before sharing creo files with others. This list is kind of quality check. For example, Part file should not have supressed feature Etc..

No suppressed features.

All features are positioned so they will unfold to the flat pattern.

Bend radii are properly defined for material thickness.

Corner reliefs are constructed so the model forms.

Look at the ModelCheck settings to see what it checks for sheetmetal parts.

Most of the things to check for are common sense.

I hate getting or reviewing models with suppressed features and a warning that some cut is outside the geometry.

If the feature isn't needed, delete it!

If the cut is off in space, what is it doing and why do you need it, delete it.

Keeping models clean and simple makes it easier to share them.

Hi Ben Loosli,

Thank you very much for this.

I will go through model check. It will be helpful to me if you can explain more about check point 2,3 and 4.

I know importance of K and Y Factor. But I am not getting how to apply it into creo designing.

Some tutorial or help document will be more useful to me if it is available for proper designing of sheet metal.

Thank you once again for this.

Regards

Ketan

Top Tags