cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Show All Views (?)

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Show All Views (?)

Why doesn't the "show all views" button work in my Creo 2.0 M020?

This is the option to have 4 standard views on the screen all at once.

For some reason, this is grayed out on my computer.

This use to be a standard feature. What am I missing here?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

This is disturbing... I think.

I need some of you ol' timers to weight in here.

In Pro/E 18/19, 2000i I was able to put up multiple views on the screen while modeling (part and assembly). A feature I often used for presentations etc. This is the response I got from CS when I asked what happened to it:

A multiple view environment is available in Freeform Surfacing(Style feature), as against single view in standard Creo Parametric.

“Show All Views” command is activated and can be used in Style feature.

I responded requesting more information but from what I know, the Freeform Surfacing is an extension that cost extra.

So what I really need to know is when this capability was taken away! It is not right to loose core functionality and would like some support to present this to PTC directly.

showallviews.jpg

...and if I am overlooking something, PLEASE set me straight.

thanks in advance.

Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Hi Antonius,

I have been working with Pro/E since version 17.0 and to be honest I do not remember "show all views" within Pro/E.
CDRS (or for a short time Pro/Design, the predecessor of style) has always had the four windows layout.
So possibly with its introduction into Pro/E in version 2001 they got rid of the redundancy...

Thanks Constantin. This is one feature I know for sure was there as it was very important for my work at the time. Your timeline may be correct. However, it is not redundant if it is run in an optional module.

CS concurs that it is only available by paying more money in Creo.

I need to pursue this further. It is very upsetting to loose capability. Sad enough that we are not getting anything meaningful for our maintenance dollars, but to actually migrate capability to optional extensions is ...well ...I will let you answer that one.

And the saga continues...

Top Tags