cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Shown dim change in dwg does not force part regen.

DELETEME
1-Newbie

Shown dim change in dwg does not force part regen.

I've run into a weird situation lately that I've never seen before. Changing a shown dimension on a part makes the dim turn green, but a regeneration at the drawing level does not actually make the part regen. It is a real model dimension, and the setting: "draw_models_read_only" is set to no. It's weird, it only happens on certain dwgs. Anyone seen this?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I don't have an answer, but the green color of the changed dimension sounds suspicious. I would've expected blue. Sorry, that's all I have for now.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2896700)

Can you manually regen the model with no problems? Sorry if this is a dumb question, we don't use many "shown" dimensions (all piping).
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

To answer the questions, the green is typical of a dimension that needs to be regenerated. I've occasionally seen the blue, but I'm not sure what that's about since a regen doesn't change their value, only the color. Guess I should one day look at what the blue dims mean. Yes, I can manually regen the part by regenerating the assembly, or the part. Or, I can even create a new dwg, show the dims in that, and regen that and it forces a part regen. It's just for some reason certain drawings do not let a regen actually change the part. Weird, I've never seen this before.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:DELETEME)

I've come to expect the weird and unexpected from Pro E.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Hi CM, I have seen similar to what you have. For me it happens when I am in a drawing with multiple models. I will change a dimension, it will green, I hit regen and it does not change. I have found it does not regen because the model that I changed the dimension on is not the "active" model in the drawing. Regards-

"Chris Benner" wrote:

I've come to expect the weird and unexpected from Pro E.

"Fitzgerald Chris" wrote:

Hi CM, I have seen similar to what you have. For me it happens when I am in a drawing with multiple models. I will change a dimension, it will green, I hit regen and it does not change. I have found it does not regen because the model that I changed the dimension on is not the "active" model in the drawing. Regards-

Top Tags