cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Solidworks prt to Pro E prt

RENEVDMERWE
1-Newbie

Solidworks prt to Pro E prt

Hi all I need some help,a Clinet send me a prt that was saved from Solidworks as a Pro E file,when I change the part to a sheetmetal feature and try to unbend it,it gives me the following error "Feature aborted. No geometry to create." Please could someone give me some advice to correct this,or to unfold it Thanx Rene
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Don't know for sure, but one possibility is that they sent you a surface, as opposed to solid, model. If so you probably need to Solidify it first.

The model probably didn't import correctly. When I try and export ProE from Solidworks it rarely works. STEP seems far more reliable. Is the model purple when you look at it in wireframe mode? If it is then it is a surface rather than a solid. If you see any pink edges, that is where it didn't stitch together properly. You can try and fix this by right-clicking on the import feature and choosing "edit definition" from the pop-up menu. A new category will appear on your menu bar at the top of the screen. I forget what it is called exactly. I find the new Import Data Doctor interface extremely confusing, but sometimes I can fix things. Often it is easier to simply request a STEP and hope that works better. Good Luck!
Top Tags