cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Standard Parts for Assembly

DavidKhan
1-Newbie

Standard Parts for Assembly

Hi all

Is there any method in CROE assembly to insert standard parts e.g bearings,bushings etc to to an assembly where it is needed accordingly.

for example in Solid works you just insert bearing from library and select a shaft surface,bearing will automatically adjust its dia to it whatever the library bearing internal dia is.Hope i make the question clear.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I think this would be a user defined library part. You have to provide the intelligence, but technically, yes, you could do something similar.

See Vladimir's generic "gear" model which prompts you for several factors: Parametric Gear with Creo Parametric

it means intelligance should be applied.

Right. I do not know if PTC offers a library such as this. Have you looked through 3DModelSpace (from the Creo browser)?

yea i have looked that but there you have to search and find exact match.thanx Antonius Dirriwatcher.

Antonius,

I guess by using interface it is possible. isntit? However lirbary parts need to be modifed suitbaly.

One would use interfaces, yes, but that alone would not do what is suggested. Interfaces is normally used just to help manage mating conditions.

The idea is that you would create a UDF that links to the mating part's feature to obtain size. In order to make parts such as bearings function, you would also need a "common database" for sizing. Creo could do this with tables and such but I don't know what is available.

I suspect Vladimir would have some input here. It would require prompting for information. This is why I pointed at his Parametric Gear document. That part prompts for input each time it is regenerated. I did not find how this is done in his model.

Hi David,

.. no I'm sorry, but I don't know any Creo library with this function - I know what you mean, but with Creo library do you need to know type and dimension for your models (bolt, nut, gear, bearing, etc.)

I'm using this library: http://www.ipmsolutions.sk/prolibrary/

Regards,

Vladimir

Note: program is in English but for web page try to use Google translate (Slovak to English) - or I can send for you direct contact

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags