cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Start parts and template locations

himie
2-Guest

Start parts and template locations

Hi, 

I am new to Creo and have a few questions on how to best configure the software. We've purchased two seats of Creo parametric 4.0, I would like to store start parts in a location that both myself and our other designer can access along with mapping Creo to look for them. How do I best approach this? 

Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:himie)

Relations and equations in Creo are like most programming languages which require explicit multiplication operators.

In addition they don't support multiple statements on one line. Conditional statements are managed by IF ELSE ENDIF blocks with ELSE being optional.

Confusing this is that the X, Y,  and Z do not take two arguments; they are directly assigned

Raising trig functions to powers is done post-fix, not in-fix. Creo trig functions are based on degrees, not radians.

There are a number of factors that are referenced but aren't specified; a, s, k, m, n. I expect "s" is a range variable. Creo supplies only one and it is "t."

In total, these equations specify set membership for points on a surface; they don't specify a curve. Creo doesn't support this form of evaluation; I believe Creo does not support generalized surface from equations. You'll need to create curves for the inner and outer boundaries and then use a boundary blend to join them to create a surface.

Ref:

+ Addition
– Subtraction
/ Division
* Multiplication
^ Exponentiation
() Parentheses for grouping for example, d0 = (d1–d2)*d3

sin(x), cos(x), tan(x)

Standard trigonometric functions, where x is an angular value in degrees

pow(num1, num2) Obtains the value of num1 to the power num2.
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:himie)

One of the beauty of Creo is that you have cylindrical and spherical equations.

Are you sure you don't want to use cylindrical input?

I might do this with a Sweep using the variable section sweep (VSS) option.

Most things I can put in the equation I can do with the VSS with either graphs or t (trajpar in that instance).

The below feature was created with two cylindrically defined curves.

They were joined with the boundary blend without modifiers.

Cylindrical requirements are:

r for radius, fully operable with t

theta is the angle you want "cursor" to trace in relation to t (t*360) will revolve a full circle.

z becomes optional and will default to zero.  I always lock it in.  Again, z is fully operable.

Try these:

r=2.5
theta=t*360
z=cos(t*360*5)*2

r=2.5+(20+cos(t*360*5)*5)
theta=t*360
z=0

flower.PNG

You are a genius!

Top Tags