cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Surface

gcontreras
1-Newbie

Surface

I have an assemby in Creo which I need to modify and the covnert it to stelographie. I tried to saved it as STEp and IGES and other types but my problem is that some part of the assembly turns into surfaces, no solid volume,,, just emty surfaces and I tried everything. Is something wrong witrh my Creo? I´m usidng a Creo Parametric 2.0.

Tahnks a lot for your help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:gcontreras)

Are all the sub componenets solid models? Sometimes legacy (old) data may not be a closed volume so that when you export it is is still not a close volume. It's is not a fault of Creo, .step, or .iges, but the fault of the modeler/model.

nein,,, alle componenten sind am anfang solids. Is there an option to make tolid volumes the surfaces?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:gcontreras)

I have not turn surfaces into solids very often, but having worked in prototyping, there are third parts softwares to repair both solids and also to repair the sliced files that are read into prototyping machines. Thanks, Dale

Top Tags