cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

TITLE BLOCK TOLERANCE SYMBOL to match units.

dpasholk
7-Bedrock

TITLE BLOCK TOLERANCE SYMBOL to match units.

TITLE BLOCK TOLERANCE SYMBOL

Our default units for parts, assemblies and drawings are inches. The drawing title block has the inch tolerance constructed as a symbol. This symbol is placed in a table cell of the title block. This works fine.

We are updating the title blocks and I would like to have the tolerance block, in the title block automatically change to metric units when the part, assembly or drawing units change to metric.

All our attemps have not yield the desired behavior.

We tried:

Diagram  dgm report symbol calling out the tol symbol we have, disappears when switching symbols.

Splitting the tol cell, putting singular inch tol sym and metric tol sym and trying to control the visibility by if-then statement in drawing program, but there is no parameter that holds model unit, and syms in cells in tblocks aren't controllable by drawing layers

Controlling by layers, but as far as I can find, there are no layers in formats (.frm files).  Even so, there is still no way to get units into a param for an if-then statement to turn off the wrong unit's tols.  In addition, the syms in table cells are immune to layer statuses.  They do not turn off when you blank the layer.

Sticking the tol syms, one on top of the other, into the drawing template (right atop the empty format cell), and still do not have an if-then statement to turn things off and on.

Think the basic problem is that there is no model parameter that holds the unit of the model.  We can make parameters that HAVE units, but those params are still just numbers, not the units themselves.  It seems only report symbols (like ptc_unit) in repeat regions are the only way to get at that information.  In addition, I want the unit to drive the visibility of my tolerance symbol.

Your help is most welcom.

Dan

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags