cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Text property controls on new views

MartinBrown
3-Visitor

Text property controls on new views

Hi folks
I'm trying to adjust my drawing.dtl file to match my customers requests, and I'm not having any luck with the settings to find the right combination ...
I want to set the default text for Sections and Views to .25 high with a filled font.
Do I need to create a text style for this? If so How?

This is what I get now

This is what I want by default:

Many thanks in advance!

Martin T. Brown
Mechanical Designer
Merrick & Company
1099 Commerce Park
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
(865)241-4642

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I have not received any suggestions for modifying the drawing.dtl file... is this not possible?
I did receive a mapkey to make the process faster - thanks Carrie!

Does anyone know how to do this?
Could someone from PTC chime in on this?  The drawing setup file has not changed in MANY versions - if ever...

Thanks

Martin T. Brown
Mechanical Designer
Merrick & Company
1099 Commerce Park
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
(865)241-4642

----------

Set def_view_text_height to .25 in your .dlt file. This affects the view text and the cross section text.......you may have to add this line.

Can't help so far on the text/font style........perhaps def_view_text_thickness would help?

Regards,

John Isles

Mold Designer

WF4 has a new drawing option or two to deal with view notes...but I still don't think it will give you everything you want.

I assume the defaulttext height for most of your drawing issmaller than .25, and you want the entire view label to be larger at .25 high. As mentioned previously, you can change the height of the view identification letters using def_view_text_height. However, this will not change the height of the view label prefix (e.g., SECTION or VIEW). That needs to be done manually if you want them to be the same size and a different height from the default drawing text heigh.

You canat least control the justification of the newnotes now with default_view_label_placement, so they are not always shifted off to the left or right of the center of your view. One piece of what has been requested to be added to this functionsince probably 1995.

Eric Hill
Staff Engineer
ASM America
(T) 602.470.2720
(F) 602.470.0747

We have this:
def_view_text_height 0.250000
def_view_text_thickness 0.025000

The thickness only works if you don't use a .pnt file to set the thickness of pens.
I have the following in my config. The problem is your plotting mapkey needs to load different sets depending on the size of the drawing format.
!=========================================================
!== PDF Pen Weights ==
!=========================================================
pen1_line_weight 5
pen2_line_weight 3
pen3_line_weight 3
pen4_line_weight 5

The following article explains pen table files and such.

The second thing is what are the proper line weights for a drawing. There is a standard. Per ANSI Y14.2m-1979, Fig 1, page 6, thick lines are to be .032" wide, or 0.7mm, and thin lines .016" wide or .035mm. The ratio is 2:1. Line weight 6=.030" and 3=.015".

For a full size print that translates to:

CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinBrown)

Set "pro_font_dir" in config.pro to your windows font directory. Now you can use any windows text font that matches your needs. In your drawing file or template set "default_font" to whichever font matches your customer's needs. We use Arial bold for pretty much everything because, frankly, Pro-E default fonts are oogly.
<u>

</u>
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinBrown)

Sample of what our stuff looks like:
<u>

</u>
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite