cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Trouble hiding Datum tags on a certain drawing sheet

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Trouble hiding Datum tags on a certain drawing sheet

Windchill guy here helping out one of my users. I am sure there is a well documented fix and perhaps you can point me in that direction. We have a very large assembly drawing which are using drawing reps to even be able to work on. One drawing sheet has been giving us problem where in some instances, dozens of ABC datum tabs appear cluttering the views. I've tried to create special layers to deal with them and we make sure to save status and we are using simp reps as best we can.

Here is where it gets funny. At one point we cleared this up, looked great. Obviously models at various levels get worked on but if I pull up the as-stored baseline of this drawing and execute the rep to get to this particular sheet, it looks great. No issues. If we turn on all sheets or other sheets that we need to work on and return to this sheet that was giving us problems, boom. The datum tags appear again. I was able to pull up latest on this drawing and repeat a similar behavior. The time delay in working with this drawing is difficult to I need to get to the heart of the problem. Any suggestions? I can tell you that there are regen issues noted in the assembly. I am sure it could use a good cleaning and fixing but I want to dedicate time to fixing this issue first if its not the cause. Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
mashton-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:avillanueva)

We get this or something similar if parts/assemblies have legacy datums in them. We have to update or remove the offending datums.

Ah, yes, this rings a familiar bell, but I thought this was solved as the related product idea shows it has been "delivered"

I hope someone pipes in with a quick fix that involves some special update_drawing code, but for now, I can only point to these posts:

Creo 2 - Geometric Tolerances/Annotations 

Tagged Datum Display Issue 

or this help article?

About the Behavior of Set Datum Tags Created in 3D Mode 

BG_9869104
12-Amethyst
(To:pausob)

The instructions for the secret codes are try known one that applies all fixes to an offline copy of the offending files/s... And then if that fixes your issue send your original files to PTC and PTC will then reply back with the special fix code that did it. Back alley secrets.

Top Tags